Category Archives: Food
You know my motto, when it doubt, DIY. Hence my recent obsession with homemade sushi.
Made these little beauties for our last Skullcandy ladies night. Super simple and adorable! Make mini pancakes, chop fruit, skew, and drizzle with chocolate.
Kicked off my week with a trip to Portland. The Northwest has a weird vibe but I love it. This trip was especially rad because a good friend, Cory Grove, was able to swoop me up from the airport and take me around to some local spots.
We started the day off with a trip to Heart Coffee Roasters, amazing.
Upper Playground had a rad gallery going on.
This Valentine’s Day we decided to stay in cook our own amazing meal. We went with a surf and turf theme that consisted of amazing ribeye steaks with sautéed onions, a pasta dish with scallops, artichokes, tomatoes, and a white wine sauce. Then we closed it down with a homemade chocolate cake filled with raspberries and chocolate cream cheese frosting. Definitely one of the best meals I’ve had in a long time.
It’s that time again. Super Bowl 2012 and Valentine’s Day are coming up.
If you are looking for something to wow your lovers and friends look, no further. Rice Krispies are delicious, simple, and easy on the eyes.
On my search for the perfect rice krispy recipe I came across one with a little more marshmallow and a little less butter. Perfect!
Pretending-You’re-a-Housewife Prefect Rice Krispy Treat Recipe
4 Tbsp Butter
5 cups mini marshmallows
5 3/4 cup Rice Krispy Cereal
1. Heat butter over low heat in a pan until melted.
2. Add in marshmallows, frequently stirring until melted.
3. Add in Rice Crispy Cereal. Remove from heat and mix.
4. Transfer to a buttered pan, cover with wax paper and press.
5. Let cool for 20 minutes. Spread wax paper on a flat surface and remove pressed rice krispy treats from pan.
6. Lay the block of rice krispy flat and begin cutting shapes out with your favorite cookie cutters.
7. Melt dark or milk chocolate chips in a double broiler and drizzle over rice Krispy shapes.